Spring Cup General Rules
2016 Spring Cup
Alcoholic beverages, tobacco products and pets of any kind are not allowed at any playing venue.
1. Unless noted below, FIFA Laws of the Game and USYSA playing rules will be used.
2. All games will be considered final and no protests will be allowed.
3. All teams will be scheduled for minimum of three games, with running time. The clock will start at the scheduled kickoff time.
4. All teams must have a licensed coach with Coach Card at every game.
5. All players must be registered with CYSA-S according to CYSA-S Rules & Regulations before participating in any game scheduled by Spring Soccer. All players must have in their possession or teams possession, completed current CYSA-S Registration Papers, and Player I D Card (Player Pass). Players are locked in to one team for the entire Spring Cup and cannot switch teams or participate on more than one team during Spring Cup.
FULL SIZE FIELDS
SHORT SIZE FIELDS
Referees and Referee Fees
• The Official Referee shall be the sole judge on the field of play and his decisions shall be final. No protest based on “referee judgment” shall be allowed.
• In the event that the official referee fails to appear, a certified referee may be appointed with the mutual agreement of both teams.
• The referee fees for each team shall be as follows:
• Referees are to be paid in cash, so they can split it with their assistant referees. Club linesmen are not paid. A team booster, certified or not, is a club linesman.
• All referees must have a current USSF Referee License. The three (3) Referee System (diagonal system) shall be used for all games. The two (2) Referee System is prohibited. Should one referee fail to appear or be unable to continue, a club linesman shall be appointed by and at the Referee’s discretion as a replacement. Should two (2) referees fail to appear or be unable to continue, two (2) club linesmen shall be appointed by and at the Referee’s discretion. But regardless of whether the Referee chooses to use club linesmen or not, the two (2) whistle system will not be used.
• The fee to be paid is determined by the number of referees who officiate the entire game.
• The Referee on the field must be a minimum of fourteen (14) years of age.
• Assistant Referees shall be a minimum of fourteen (14) years of age.
The 10 point scoring system will be used.
· Win = 6 points
· Tie = 3 points
· Loss = 0 points
· One point a shutout.
· One point for each goal scored, not to exceed (3) goals per game.
· One point each team for a (0-0) tie.
Forfeit One game in Pool Play is to forfeit every game. A forfeit win will be scored 3-0. If a team elects to forfeit, the team should notify Spring Cup ( email@example.com ) and the opposing team's manager and coach of the forfeit immediately. Said notice is the sporting thing to do and is for the good of the game.
ALL SCORES MUST BE REPORTED BY 7:00 PM THE DAY OF THE GAME ONLINE. SEE BELOW FOR INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO REPORT SCORES ONLINE - The same score reporting password is used for Spring Cup Games.
If there are two teams tied in points at the end of the preliminary rounds, the following tie-breaker procedures will be implemented to determine a winner:
· Winner of head to head competition.
· Least total goals against.(Three per game max.)
· Total goals scored. (No maximum)
· All Semi-Final and Championship games that end in a tie will be decided by FIFA penalty kicks. Pool play game can end in a tie.
If your flight has a Wildcard position, the team with the highest number of points will be awarded the Wildcard position. If all teams in your bracket did not play the same number of games, we will take the total points earned and divide it by the total number of games played. The team with the highest average of points earned per game will be awarded the Wildcard position. In the event there are two teams tied, the Tie-Breaker rules will apply.
· Substitutions may be made, with the consent of the referee, at any stoppage of play.
· Substitution shall be made at midfield within (10) yards of the halfway line. The Substitute Player shall not enter the field of play until allowed by the Referee and the Player substituted has left the field of play.
· When an injured player (excepting the goalkeeper) is attended to by anyone from outside the field of play, they must leave the field until after play has restarted, at which time with the Referees permission they may re-enter the field. On leaving the field the team may opt to substitute for the injured player instead.
· Excessive substitutions resulting in confusion or delay of game are to be discouraged by the referee.
There will be only one type
of Spring Roster Form used.
Your Roster is frozen at the start of your first game.
All Players MUST be CYSA registered and have a valid 2015 - 2016 Player card and registration papers.
You will need to carry your original roster with you to all games. MAKE SURE YOU GET IT BACK FROM THE REFEREES. We strongly suggest that you carry three copies with you and get all copies signed. This is just in case you should lose one copy; you will have a backups.
All teams scheduled to play in the Semi-Finals and Finals will need their original roster.
UNLIMITED GUEST PLAYER (Loan Player) RULE:
Spring Cup has unlimited guest players. BUT, the guest player(s) must fall within the chart below. No Player shall play / rostered on more than one team.
In other words, if your team is a Bronze level team, your guest player must be from another Bronze or from Any Recreational Program. Player’s level of play is based on Fall 2015.
Any team challenged on this; the burden of proof will be on the challenged team.
Failure to follow this rule will result in your team losing their bond and forfeiture of all Spring Cup 2016 games.
EXCEPTION: If your team will have a guest player that does not fall within the Rules above, you must notify the Spring Soccer Registrar at Registrar@SpringSoccer.org on or before 6:00 pm May 6, 2016 to gain approval in writing from the League. Any approvals received must be attached to your roster.
**** All players must be registered with CYSA-S prior to playing any Spring Cup games.
Any player or coach that is ejected from the playing area will be suspended for the next (2) two games. Depending on the severity for the reason of the ejection, the player or coach may be suspended for the remainder of Spring Cup 2015.
Three points will be deducted for each ejection that is recorded.
A Team trophy will be awarded to the Championship team in each Flight (Bracket)
Tournament medals will be awarded to 1st and 2nd place teams in each flight.